Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Vancouver Canucks

I have probably watched more hockey this year than any year since the lockout. Hockey is always on the TV where I work, which is a benefit to working where I work. I am comfortable saying that the best team in the NHL right now is the Vancouver Canucks. As a Red Wings fan I have to admit, Van City is the team to beat. As it so happens, Detroit and Vancouver are top 2 in the Conference and play tonight. Datsyuk is out and the Canucks are the hottest team in hockey, so I don't like my Wings chances. If I were a gambling man, I would be betting heavy on the Canucks to win this game. Ryan Kessler has to be the hands down favourite to win the Selke. As much as I love Datsyuk who has won multiple Selke trophies, Kessler deserves an award this year.

When Chicago traded Dustin Byfuglien to the Eastern Conference, that made Vancouver this year's team to beat in the West. I will be cheering for Detroit to beat Vancouver if these two teams meet in the playoffs, but I don't expect my team to win that series.

No comments:

Post a Comment